Friday, February 02, 2007

Awesome eBay

I recently received a copy of 'NCAA College Hoops 2K6,' a game for my Xbox 360 that I bought off eBay. We all know that I'm really cool because I like basketball and play it very well. We all know that I'm cool because I have an Xbox 360. That's not the point of this story, although I do want to name drop as many cool material possessions and facts about my life on the internet as possible to make myself seem even cooler then I am.
The point of all of this though, is that I bought it from a guy who is in the military, on a base in Germany. It was sent through military mail, and he even put a $5 bill in the package because he couldn't find the booklet (which I didn't even care about)...but the coolest part...the most awesomest, sickest, radicalist, gnarliest part about it, was that he wrapped the game in a fresh copy of a newspaper from Germany that was from the day Italy won the World Cup. There was a picture of the team holding up the trophy and then of course, the whole thing was in German.
This was the coolest thing for me, because, in my current state of...well life, I don't get to travel abroad and it's something I desperately want and need to do. So this, was the closest thing I've had to traveling abroad since I went to Spain the Summer before my Junior year at ASU and got freakin wasted, saw the sites, the girls, ate tapas and took siestas in the mornings. Oh yeah...and learned some Spanish.
So in closing, I'd like to restate the title in a different order: The Coolest thing bought off eBay ever, I've.
Disappointing side note to the story: There was an article about Paris Hilton in what I guess was the German newspaper's entertainment section. I thought they just liked David Hasselhoff. Weird.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this riveting story. If you are stupid, transcripts of this blog can be purchased by sending me $50 through paypal. If not, you can just hit "Print."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Member of Image hosting by Photobucket

Humor 
Blog Top Sites