Wednesday, March 28, 2007

So Trottish

I got to the register and had to pay $20.00 to get in the club. I thought it was a steep cover charge, but there was no turning back. I didn't want paparazzi to get a photo of me not being able to pay cover. I gotta be honest though. At that moment, I remember thinking to myself, "Wow, this must be am amazing club filled with top celebrities for a price like this!" But, as soon as I walked through the large double doors and into the neon flashing lights…well…I don't want to sound racist…you can never be too politically correct these days, but remember the movie Lost in Translation? I basically walked into a scene from that movie. I couldn't believe it. It was Asian night! Boy, did I feel stupid. I was the only honky in there. There were a few black guys, and I think I saw two blonde girls, but that was it. (I'm not sure why I didn't talk to the blond girls.) Everybody else was Asian. And they all looked the same. No…not like that, Journal. I mean…all the Asian girls had reddish-orange highlights in their hair, and all the Asian dudes were wearing sunglasses and had really, really spiky hair. Plus, a lot of them were doing this dance whenever rap music came on where they skipped around the dance floor and made "W" signs with their hands. Peculiar. I sure ain't never seen nothin' like that in Iowa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Member of Image hosting by Photobucket

Humor 
Blog Top Sites