Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Obama thoughts

Part I - Obama's Voice
As an open-minded supporter of Barack Obama, I think the Senator made a critical mistake by telling New Hampshire that if they made him the winner, he'd be the nominee.

There is no question he's a very appealing candidate, but this was like getting a great kiss on the doorstep on a first date and asking your girl to marry you. He should have treated New Hampshire as a second date, an opportunity to get to know each other better. Obama moved too fast, and set the stakes too high. For some people, his voice, a strength a day before, became a weakness. What sounded mellifluous some now heard as just a bit too smooth.

Part II - Hillary's Voice
I also think the shift in the women's vote is much deeper than is being appreciated. I had written that the tears Senator Clinton fought back were about blunted ambition, but I failed to see how deeply many women felt what she felt, because Hillary's ambition is in some ways theirs.

Her tears said, I (we) have a lot to offer this country, and I can't believe that once again, our chance to do so is receding further into the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Member of Image hosting by Photobucket

Humor 
Blog Top Sites